Thursday, 23 February 2017

Art With Heart February Blog Hop

Hi,



Today I’m excited to bring you a blog hop with some of the awesome ladies in the Art With Heart Stampin’ Up! Team. Today we focus on the kids in our lives, from birthday cards to party ideas.


Sale-a-bration continues and this week we have three new additional items you can earn for free with a $90 order - ask me how!


I have 3 cards to share with you today.  My first card has been created mainly using the Balloon Pop Up Thinlits Dies from the Occasions Catalogue.  This set has so many uses.  I have already used this before to make a shaker card, but this time I focused on a card for a youngish child.



I cut out the large die from the set a few times to get the colours I needed to complete the card.  I used the Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Tangerine Tango and Pacific Point cardstock to match the Party Animal Designer Series Paper.  I stamped, watercoloured and fussy cut the little dog and cat from the Little Cuties Stamp Set - also from the Occasions Catalogue.  I couldn't go past the Party Animal Embellishments that serve as their party hats.  A little bling in the way of Enamel dots and this card is just super cute!


 My next 2 cards are basically the same theme but I wanted to do a male version and female version.  I also just wanted to play with both the gold and silver glimmer cardstock!  I wanted to make a card that didn't require a lot of products and was really pleased with how these turned out.  I also focused these on kids that are just that little bit older and don't really want their friends to know they still like puppies and kittens all over their cards... (ha ha)


This was the girl version of the card and...


... this was the boy version of the card.

Both were made with a small piece of Designer Paper - the pink one is from the "It's My Party" Designer Paper (sadly retired) and the yellow is from the "Party Animal" Designer Paper.  
I used silver and gold glimmer paper to cut a balloon each as well as a small strip for under the whisper white cardstock.  The black is Basic Black.  The pink is Melon Mambo and the yellow is Crushed Curry.  I used gold and silver metallic thread for the balloon strings.  
The balloons are punched out using the Balloon Bouquet Punch.
The sentiment is from the Cool Treats Stamp set. 
Embellishments are the Enamel Shapes & Rhinestones.
The numbers are die cut using the Large Numbers Framelits and dotted with a white signo pen.
I  hope you have enjoyed my creations.  Love to hear your feedback.  Enjoy the rest of the projects by my colleagues who will no doubt blow your mind with their creativity.  

If you find a broken link or have come to this blog hop from a different entry point, you can view the participants below:





9 comments:

  1. Very cheery and bright fun cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All lovely cards, Tania. I like your idea to add the kitten and puppy to the first card, too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooove those cards!!! and those furries are super cute

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great kids cards Tania - I particularly loved the last one as the colours were so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great cards. Those colours look so striking - they really catch the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great cards and I loved the colour combination of the last card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, the bunches of balloons on the cards look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome!! cards, just love those cute pooches on your first card, and your colour combo on the others cards are lovely.
    Mon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic bright and fun cards, love them all!

    ReplyDelete