Friday, 10 February 2017

Beautiful Butterfly Card 1

My sister asked me to make her a card for a friend with the specifications that she liked butterflies and purple.  It took me a while to find my creative stride but I had a lot of time playing with thinlits and stamps until I was able to create a couple of cards that I was really happy with.  


I picked 2 purples - Wisteria Wonder and Perfect Plum.  I used the Butterflies Thinlits and die cut the smaller beautiful butterfly.  I added some Wink of Stella of course and he is very shiny.  I mounted the whisper white on the Perfect Plum cardstock and added the greeting from the Cool Treats Stamp Set - I just love this greeting it is big, bold and gorgeous.  I used Perfect Plum for the sentiment. I then added some ink splotches from the Perpetual Calendar Stamp Set which has so many great background ideas, using Wisteria Wonder ink.  Finally I just glued down the centre of the butterfly using fast fuse.  I wanted to be able to lift the wings for some dimension.  Finally I added 3 rhinestones on the body and the front of the cards was complete.  

Inside I stamped a greeting from the Pretty Kitty Stamp Set "Hope your birthday is just like you... WONDERFUL  in every way" in Perfect Plum Ink and stamped a small butterfly from the Papillon Potpourri Stamp Set in Wisteria Wonder Ink.  Not to be left out, I stamped the small butterfly again on the back of the envelope and a bigger butterfly from the same Stamp Set on the front bottom right.  
Product List
Stamp Sets: Cool Treats (Occasions Catalogue), Perpetual Calendar (Annual Catalogue), Pretty Kitty (Annual Catalogue) and Papillon Potpourri (Annual Catalogue).
Dies: Butterflies Thinlits Dies (Annual Catalogue).
Paper: Whisper White Thick (card base) Perfect Plum (base & butterfly) and Whisper White
Ink: Perfect Plum and Wisteria Wonder
Other: Big Shot Machine, Precision base plate, rhinestones.

If you live in Australia, feel free to contact me for support, tips, hints or help with building your supplies.  Happy to answer any questions - follow the link to the Contact me page. 

Also, if you live in Australia, I would love to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  Follow the link to my online store for any supplies or contact me for more information.  I can even help you to become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator which has fantastic benefits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment