Sunday, 2 April 2017

High Tide: Masculine Card

Trying to come up with something for my husbands birthday led me to the High Tide stamp set.  I have been itching to play with this set and was grateful for the opportunity.  I have seen quite a few varieties on pinterest, so dove in with my own interpretation. 




Stamping the lighthouse is a breeze, the stamp set is so easy to line up.  I used Memento Black for the shadow area and the rich Cherry Cobbler for the red colour.  I masked it up and placed a sheet of sticky paper to make the horizon line. I punched out a 1" circle and put that up in the sky for the moon/sun.  I sponged the top portion using So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Watermelon Wonder and Perfect Plum. 

Tearing a strip of paper to form mountains I placed it and used perfect plum to give it definition.  I then stamped the rock/sand area below the lighthouse with Crumb Cake - again it lines up perfectly.  I then versa marked over this and embossed it with clear embossing powder. 

Placing the sticky horizon line paper back but upside down this time it was time for the bottom part of the card.  I sponged the water area with Night of Navy and used a small amount of Crushed Curry and Watermelon Wonder to cast a slight reflection in the water.  As the rock/sand area is embossed, any ink just wipes off easily.  I then used the water stamp and using Night of Navy, I stamped the ripples across the bottom. 

All the masks were removed and the birds were stamped across the top using Memento Black with the last bird just going over the sun/moon.  I didn't stamp a sentiment on the front as I thought there was enough on it.  Not bad for my first attempt - it was so much fun that I had to do more.  A perfect card to use with a class showing numerous techniques of masking, two step stamping and sponging. 


Products Used
Cardstock: Whisper White, Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler
Inks: So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Watermelon Wonder, Perfect Plum, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake and Memento Black
Stamp Set: High Tide (Occasions Catalogue 2017)
Other: clear embossing powder, heat tool, 1" circle punch, masking paper/post-it notes, sponge daubers. 

If you live in Australia, feel free to contact me for support, tips, hints or help with building your supplies.  Happy to answer any questions - follow the link to the Contact me page. 

Also, if you live in Australia, I would love to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  Follow the link to my online store for any supplies or contact me for more information.  I can even help you to become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator which has fantastic benefits. 


No comments:

Post a Comment