Thursday, 8 June 2017

Daisy Sponged Birthday Card

I actually used a retired stamp set for this card, but any flower would work.


I first sponged the background blending Pear Pizzazz into So Saffron.  It gives it a very soft watercoloured look.  I then water-coloured the daisies (from the Helping Me Grow Stamp Set) using a blend of Melon Mambo and Blushing Bride.  The stems are watercoloured with Old Olive.  I fussy cut these out as I wanted them to be raised with dimensionals from the card.  Stamping them first and then masking them would also have looked great.  The reeds/grass at the bottom is from the Daisy Delight Stamp Set.  The dragonfly is from the Touches of Texture stamp set and is watercoloured with Soft Sky and Basic Gray (for the body).  It is also fussy cut and adhered to the flower.  I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment from the Rose Wonder Stamp Set and used the Pretty Label Punch to punch it out.  I used Blushing Bride to gently sponge the label and went around the edge with a Blushing Bride Stampin' Write Marker.  The base is Whisper White, and the picture is matted on Basic Black and Blushing Bride Cardstock.

Supply List
Stamp Set: Helping Me Grow (Retired), Daisy Delight, Touches of Texture and Rose Wonder.
Punch: Label Me Pretty
Cardstock: Whisper White, Blushing Bride and Basic Black
Inks: Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky, Basic Gray, Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron
Other: Sponges & Ink Daubers, fine tip scissors, Stampin' Dimensionals.


If you live in Australia, feel free to contact me for support, tips, hints or help with building your supplies.  Happy to answer any questions - follow the link to the Contact me page. 



Also, if you live in Australia, I would love to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  Follow the link to my online store for any supplies or contact me for more information.  I can even help you to become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator which has fantastic benefits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment