Thursday, 27 July 2017

Pretty Kitty Twist & Fold Pop Up Card

As it is my daughter's 16th birthday, I decided that I wanted to make something special and something different.  I had seen all these amazing twist and fold pop up cards and decided that I would give it a go.  The hardest thing was that everything was in imperial measurements - inches!  As we use metric here, I spent all day working out the best way to make it.  Lucky you, I have it all here.  I will link a tutorial at the bottom of the post.

My daughter loves cats, so the Pretty Kitty stamp set suited this type of card perfectly.  Here is the finished product 😊 The inside first -

       



   
These are the 4 panels across the centre of the card that pop up.  I added the balloon, party hats and present just as something extra.  The balloon is stamped and then fussy cut out and popped up on a dimensional for pop, as are the little party hats. I also used a little fine tip glue pen on the balloon to adhere some Dazzling Diamonds for more sparkle.  The present has had fine tip glue pen to it to give it dimension.  
     

Of course, plenty of bling was added!

The top and bottom panels were also decorated:
The second panel (with the flowers) is where I wrote on the card.  I used the flowers to tie into the Designer Series paper that I used.  Although this paper (Blooms & Wishes) has retired, the stamp set has not, so this paper could easily be recreated just with the stamps.  

The colour scheme for the card is mainly Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo and a touch of Mint Macaron.  The colouring is all done with Stampin' Write Markers.  A full list of supplies will be included at the end.  

Now the outside:

I used the Happy Birthday Thinlits Dies and the Large Numbers Dies.  I cut out 5 of each to layer them to make them stand out.  For the top layer, I covered it in Versa Mark and then clear embossing powder and heat set.  It is smooth, shiny and gives it a real WOW.  

I had so much fun making this card and my daughter was blown away.  

Good luck - give it a go

TUTORIAL : click here

Supplies Used

Stamp Sets: Pretty Kitty, Birthday Delivery (present, hats & balloon), Happy Birthday Gorgeous (party time sentiment), Text Ya Later (speech bubble and time to celebrate sentiment), Teeny Tiny Sentiments (happy birthday sentiment), Beautiful Bouquet (flowers)
Dies: Happy Birthday Thinlits, Bouquet Bunch & Large Number Framelits.
Inks: Basic Black, Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay and Mint Macaron.
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Island Indigo
Designer Series Paper - Blooms & Wishes (retired)
Markers - Smoky Slate, Bermuda Bay, Powder Pink, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie
Other: Rhinestones, Sponges, Clear Embossing Powder, Versamark, Dazzling Diamonds and Fine Tip Glue. 

All of these supplies can be purchased through my online store - just click on the shopping cart on the right hand side.  

If you live in Australia, feel free to contact me for support, tips, hints or help with building your supplies.  Happy to answer any questions - follow the link to the Contact me page. 


Also, if you live in Australia, I would love to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  Follow the link to my online store for any supplies or contact me for more information.  I can even help you to become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator which has fantastic benefits. 




No comments:

Post a Comment